Lion Rock (Multi-pitch climb & abseil)
Lion Rock has an iconic image in Hong Kong society. It signiﬁes our hard work and glorious time in the 80s. We had a canton pop song featured this mountain and it’s very well known among the Hong Kongers. Climbing Lion Rock is not merely an adventure experience, but a signiﬁcant meaning of never give up which is the spirit of hard-working Hong Kongers.
Lion Rock has a good setting for multi-pitch climbing. Watch this video and stunned by this amazing lion rock climbing journey.
- 180’c all Kowloon City view at mountain crag
- An icon for Hongkongers’ spirit
- Lok Fu Station, Kowloon
- West Face of Lion Rock Crag
ROUTES DIFFICULTY (Grade Comparison Chart)
- Plan A: Routes Name: Gweilo – F5+, total 5 pitch (f4, f4+, f5, f5, f5+)
- Plan B: Routes Name: Prelude, Reunion II, Unemployment Line & Wards Groove) F6b, total 5 pitch( f4, f6b, f6a, f6b, f6a+)
- 60-80 minutes hike
- HK$2,500 (private event for 1 participants)
- HK$3,000 (private event for 2 participants)
- 10:00 am Gather at Lok Fu Station
- 10:15 am Head up to Lion Rock Garden by taxi/light bus
- 10:30-11: 30 am Hiking the climbing site
- 11:30-11: 45 am Refresh/multi-pitch skills training
- 11:45-1: 30 pm Start to climb on!
- 1:30-2:00pm Lunch break
- 2:00-4: 00 pm Keep Climb on!
- 4:00-5: 00 pm Pack up and hike down. Take bus/taxi
- 5:00 pm Dismiss at Lok Fu MTR